At Pat McDonnell Paints, we strive to always provide Exceptional Customer Service – through offering a wide range of quality products and services, but ultimately, through our people.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US? WITH 10 BRANCHES NOW OPEN NATIONWIDE, IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN US AT PAT MCDONNELL PAINTS.
We are recruiting a BRANCH MANAGER to join the team in our Blanchardstown branch in Dublin.
If you are interested in a career with customer focus at its heart, an opportunity for learning and having a little fun along the way, this might be your role.
Reporting to the Dublin Area Manager, this position, as part of the National Management team, will provide participative leadership and operational management of the Blanchardstown business unit in this customer-focused organisation.
The post-holder will exhibit professionalism with a commitment to ‘Exceptional Customer Service’ whilst organising and delivering an efficient store operation to meet the budgetary and financial goals of the business unit. Responsible for the day-to-day management activity with involvement in all facets of the operation, including contributing to our culture of friendliness, respect, and dedication to the team.
- Maintain the highest possible standards of customer service throughout the store.
- Oversee business unit budget/operating costs. Contribute to budgeting and forecasting of operations for financial planning.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers, customers, and external bodies.
- Be able to analyse sales to decorators and proactively engage with existing and potential customers to develop the business further.
- Manage and control stock levels in an efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure that sufficient and appropriate levels of products are always available for customers.
- Deliver exemplary standards of in-store presentation, as well as maximising layout and merchandising techniques to provide excellent availability and well-merchandised shelves/stock to ensure that customers are satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Establish, manage and coordinate effective communication with your team, the management team and customers.
- Ensure set quality standards are met and continuously improved upon
- Undertake administration work and reporting in a timely manner as and when required.
- Ensure a safe and productive workplace where legislative and commercial obligations are consistently met. Manage day-to-day activity to ensure adherence to safety, health, housekeeping, and environmental regulations.
- Keep up to date on the latest trends within the industry in general and the local marketplace specifically.
- Always maintain strict security control and ensure that all related company policies are adhered to.
Proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record of Retail management experience in a progressive retail organisation.
- Proven success in consistently achieving targets or working to deadlines in a customer and/or Sales environment. Experience in managing direct reports and multiple teams.
The following Competencies are required for this role and will be assessed during the Recruitment Process:
- Business Acumen
- Change & Adaptability
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking Effective
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Planning & Organising
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Management and Delivery of Results
- Teamwork & Collaborative Working
- Influence & Communication Skills
What We Can Offer You:
- A positive and respectful work environment.
- A place in a friendly and supportive team.
- Extensive training.
- Competitive Salary.
- 23 days Annual Leave per annum pro rata.
- 2 days of additional leave will be given for the Christmas break.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Maternity & Paternity Leave top up.
- Parent Leave top-up.
- Generous Sick Pay Policy.
To be considered for an Interview, applicants can apply through the Indeed website.
Apply via Indeed
Alternatively, send your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role's criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org