SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
CENTRE PARK ROAD, CORK
Pat McDonnell Paints is Ireland’s Leading Independent Paint & Décor Retailer. The Company currently employs over 100 people between its 8 Paint Stores throughout Ireland. As a Retail, Trade and Wholesale business, the customer base is made up of Consumer, Painter/Decorator and a range of Paint and Hardware Stores throughout the Country.
At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers. Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best in class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join the team in our headquarters in Centre Park Road, Cork.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Manager. This is a very important appointment for the business, therefore we are looking for an exceptionally talented individual with a passion for Supply Chain and Operational Efficiencies.
As part of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Commercial Director the successful candidate will manage the Supply Chain, Logistics & Procurement activities for the company so as to deliver best in class customer service to our market place.
As Supply Chain Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and management of all the activities related to forecasting, order processing, planning, purchasing, inventory management, shipping and orders tracking; optimization of the supply chain for cost effectiveness, on-time delivery and quality; supply chain process documentation (procedures, logs, forms, etc); data management and reporting; ERP and other supply chain and operations related systems support.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Maintain all price lists from Suppliers whilst ensuring prices are charged correctly
- Set-up and maintain system for automated ordering in each branch
- Forecast levels of demand and setting-up max/min levels for each SKU & non-SKU items
- Monitoring resale stock ordering levels and sign-off of all orders
- Maintain an optimal supply chain – Oversee all the Supply Chain activities and processes to ensure on-time delivery of customer and internal orders.
- Ensure all Supply Chain related processes are accurate and followed.
- Procurement of all consumables
- Responsible for ordering of all special products and sign-off
- Imports from US/UK/Europe
- Oversee inventory management for the Company to include accurate inventory reporting, inventory counts, budgeting and purchase order management
- Liaise between relevant internal departments and suppliers regarding stock issues
- Responsible for the promotion of cost saving awareness through company ordering policies
- Develop a purchasing strategy and produce reports and statistics
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
Ideally the individual will have proven business results from working in any of the following areas, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Sales & Operations Planning, Finance or Data analytics. While experience in these areas would be ideal it is not a mandatory requirement.
More importantly, the successful candidate will have a strong analytical skill set, a passion for learning, a desire to innovate and improve processes and is a strong collaborator and team player.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & presentation skills with proven impact of influencing senior stakeholders and driving change.
- Strong process/system background and proven capability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements in new processes/systems
- Results orientated with strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- A flair for negotiation and networking
- The ability to adapt to different customer needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Strong critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- IT literate including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets in Excel, Word & PowerPoint programmes at an advanced level
- Well organised & flexible with effective time management skills
- Demonstrated excellent business acumen and commercial awareness with the ability to think and plan strategically as well as a having strong attention to detail.
- 3rd level qualification in Business Studies, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Operations Management or Economics.
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role with Retail management desirable
- Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and root cause analytics
To be considered for Interview, applicants should email their CV and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the criteria of the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org