Edge the door open and remove locks and handles. Leave the door frame until last as splashes of paint that get on the frame will be covered later.
- Paint from the top down in vertical strokes about two foot at a time.
- Join each section with light brush strokes and cross brush to even out the paint.
- When a section is painted lightly brush down over the area in order to keep a wet edge for the next strip to blend into.
- Panelled doors must be painted in sections.
- Panels and mouldings should be painted first followed by the remainder of the door.
- Use a smaller paint brush for the mouldings.
- Do not over load the paint brush when painting as this will cause runs and drips to form.
- For glass panelled doors use a paint shield or masking tape to keep paint off the glass.
- If paint gets on the glass remove immediately with white spirits.
- Apply square sections of Paint working down from the top.
- Pick up wet edges for a good blend.
- Lay off with light vertical brush strokes.