How To Paint PVC Windows
“We recently bought a house and we don’t like the exterior dark brown pvc windows, is it possible to paint them white?”
Hi Sarah! Yes it is possible to change the colour of your PVC windows. I would reccomend following these steps in order to achieve your desired result!
- Cover all ground areas with dust sheets and tape where they’re needed.
- Lightly sand the area with a fine grade sponge sander & dust down all window surfaces.
- Clean and de-grease the PVC windows with Fluxaf Cleaner.
- Apply two coats of Zinsser 1.2.3 Primer and leave windows to dry overnight.
- Apply two coats – we recommend either Dulux Exterior Satin or Dulux High Gloss in whatever colour you wish – and leave the windows dry overnight.
- Open the windows for a couple of hours each day for a few days so the paint on the PVC windows can thoroughly harden.