Skip to content
How do I prepare my room for painting?
- Remove curtains, mirrors, pictures, rugs and ornaments from the room.
- Remove as much furniture as possible and cover remaining furniture with dust sheets.
- Wrap plastic around light fixtures and use masking tape to cover any hardware you can not move.
- Open windows to ensure good ventilation and to speed up the drying process.
- Wear suitable protective clothing.
- If painting ceilings make sure windows are covered up.
- Keep small children and pets out of room while painting.
- Any paint splashed on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner.