At Pat McDonnell Paints, we strive to always provide Exceptional Customer Service – through offering a wide range of quality products and services, but ultimately, through our people.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US? WITH 10 BRANCHES NOW OPEN NATIONWIDE, IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN US AT PAT MCDONNELL PAINTS.
We are recruiting an ASSISTANT MANAGER to join the team in our Nutgrove branch in Dublin.
If you are interested in a career with customer focus at its heart, an opportunity for learning and having a little fun along the way, this might be your role.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist in leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the store. You will work very closely with the Branch Manager to lead by example, inspiring the team to deliver the best service to our customers and contribute to our culture of friendliness, respect and dedication to the team.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences — no matter what the situation.
- Support and work alongside the Branch Manager in ensuring the store reaches and maintains standards.
- Deputise for the Branch Manager in his/her absence, assuming full responsibility for the day-to-day.
- Drive effective communications within the store and ensure timely and consistent communications.
- Assist with and deliver in-store promotional activities, ensuring merchandise is displayed in a commercial manner designed to maximise its potential.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company regulations and policies, including Health & Safety.
- Assisting with the management of the team, ensuring all team members are trained in and demonstrating the Pat McDonnell Customer Ethos.
- Manage operational items, e.g. Rosters, Holidays, Tills and Stock Control.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience as an Assistant Manager in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to building relationships with the customers, team and key stakeholders.
- To offer and deliver best-in-class advice and product knowledge to all customers.
- To drive sales within the branch by promoting the products and services in the shop.
- Strong people skills and an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent Communication skills with demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback, both positively and constructively, in a timely manner, especially in relation to Performance, Uniforms, Timekeeping and overall adherence to policy & procedural items.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask and work autonomously.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that visibly demonstrates and role models professionalism to customers and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
- IT Savvy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and retail management systems.
- Strong numerical, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekdays and weekends.
- 5+ years’ experience in a retail supervisory/management role with a proven track record, preferably within a Paint/DIY/Hardware or similar environment.
- A Retail Management Qualification is desirable.
What We Can Offer You:
- A positive and respectful work environment.
- A place in a friendly and supportive team.
- Extensive training.
- Competitive Salary.
- 23 days Annual Leave per annum pro rata.
- 2 days of additional leave will be given for the Christmas break.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Maternity & Paternity Leave top up.
- Parent Leave top-up.
- Generous Sick Pay Policy.
To be considered for an Interview, applicants can apply through the Indeed website.
Apply via Indeed
Alternatively, send your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role's criteria to: email@example.com