At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and on delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers.
Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best-in-class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Manager to join the team in our new store on the Commons Road, Cork.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist in leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the store.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences — no matter what the situation
- Support and work alongside the Branch Manager in ensuring the store reaches and maintains standards
- Deputise for the Branch Manager in his/her absence, assuming full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Branch
- Drive effective communications within the store by leading by example and ensuring timely and consistent communications
- Assist with and deliver in-store promotional activities. Work closely with Management to ensure merchandise is displayed in a commercial manner designed to maximise its potential
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company health and safety regulations and policies
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the team. Ensure all team members are trained in and demonstrate the Pat McDonnell Customer Ethos
- Deliver excellent customer service consistently in store by taking an active role in staff training and development
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- To offer and deliver best-in-class advice and product knowledge to all customers
- To drive sales within the branch by promoting the products and services in the shop
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem-solving
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to project a suitable image to the public
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commercial awareness
- Strong IT Skills
- 3+years experience in a retail supervisory role with a proven track record of supervisory experience, including staff development, training, customer care, and Health and Safety, preferably within a Paint/DIY/Hardware or similar environment.
To be considered for an Interview, applicants should email their CV and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the criteria of the role to: email@example.com