At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and on delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers. Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best-in-class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Wholesale Warehouse Co-ordinator to join the team in our Centre Park Road branch, in Cork.
The Purpose of the Role is:
To coordinate the Warehouse function in Centrepoint in conjunction with the Branch Manager and others, to deliver best-in-class service to our stores and customers. The warehouse is responsible for nationwide deliveries and on-site collections to & from our own branches and other customers.
If you are enthusiastic, highly motivated, hardworking, capable of working on your own initiative and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service then this will be the ideal opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. This will include:
- regular sales contacts with sales reps & external customers
- the organisation of internal stock transfers
- the organisation of the warehouse team
- responsibility for stock control
- liaising with Buyer Planner and others where necessary
- Coordinating all warehouse operations to achieve maximum productivity without compromising product integrity and Health and Safety.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt and dispatch of goods.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Maintaining up-to-date stock control systems and ensuring inventories are accurate.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment and ensuring that all relevant checks are made, and when problems arise, contact the relevant contractors to resolve the issue.
- Planning future capacity requirements.
- Be conversant with and operate at all times within the current Health and Safety legislation including local procedures.
- Take ownership of customer complaints (from both internal and external customers) and ensure that they are resolved satisfactorily. Ensure comprehensive follow-up on corrective actions.
- Ensure the highest quality standards are met and continuously improved upon.
- Maintain strict security control at all times and ensure that all related policies are enforced.
- Assist in supervising all stock management aspects and ensuring all related company policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Coordinate the product flow from goods inwards receipt through to customer delivery including inter-branch transfers.
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience, preferably in a wholesale retail environment, is essential.
- Proven IT skills – Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook essential, with a strong ability to manage stock control systems.
- Proven ability to coordinate a variety of tasks within a fast-moving working environment that is customer focused.
- Proven experience in driving continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with individuals at all levels.
Applicants should hold EU citizenship or be permitted to work full-time and be fluent in English.
To be considered for an interview, applicants should email their CV and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the criteria of the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org