At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and on delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers.
Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best-in-class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join the team in our new Dublin Store in Blanchardstown.
This position will provide participative leadership and operational management, including the start-up and setup of the Blanchardstown business unit in this customer focussed organisation.
The post-holder will exhibit professionalism with a commitment to ‘Exceptional Customer Service’ whilst organising and delivering an efficient store operation in order to help the Area Manager to meet the budgetary and financial goals of the business unit. Responsible for the day-to-day management activity with involvement in all facets of the operation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- Maintain the highest possible standards of Exceptional Customer Service at all times.
- Assist the Area Manager in managing the business unit budget/operating costs whilst focusing on Company KPIs at all times.
- Help manage the business unit budget/operating costs.
- Manage store headcount in line with budget.
- Oversee all recruitment in-store in conjunction with Area Manager and ensure that we have the best people in the paint business working for us.
- Ensure that all probation periods are managed in accordance with our culture and values.
- Ensue that conduct and performance in the team are managed in accordance with our culture and values.
- Create and maintain high morale in the store.
- Ensure that tills are cashed up every day and any discrepancies are investigated.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers, customers and external bodies.
- Manage and control stock levels in an efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure that sufficient and appropriate levels of products are available for customers at all times.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and ensure that you and the team understand all team dynamics.
- Deliver exemplary standards of in-store presentation, as well as maximising layout and merchandising techniques to provide excellent availability and well-merchandised shelves/stock to ensure that customers are satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Establish, manage and coordinate effective communication with your team, the management team and customers through regular 1:1s and meetings.
- Ensure set quality standards are met and continuously improved upon
- Undertake administration work and report on time.
- Ensure a safe and productive workplace where legislative and commercial obligations are consistently met. Manage day-to-day activity to ensure adherence to safety, health, housekeeping and environmental regulations.
- Keep up to date on the latest trends within the industry in general and the local marketplace specifically.
- Maintain strict security control at all times and ensure that all related company policies are adhered to.
Knowledge & Skills Required
3+ years experience with a proven track record of assisting in running a store in a retail organisation. Proven success in consistently achieving targets or working to deadlines in a customer and/or Sales environment. Experience in delegating to staff and the ability to manage people.
The following are the Competencies which are required for this role and will be assessed during the Recruitment Process:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Planning & Organising
- People Management & Development
- Management and Delivery of Results
To be considered for an Interview, applicants can apply through the Indeed website.
Apply via Indeed
Alternatively, send your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role's criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org.