At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and on delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers.
Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best-in-class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join the team in our Bachelors Quay branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist in leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the store. S/He will work closely with the Branch Manager to lead by example, inspiring the team to deliver the best service to our customers.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences — no matter what the situation
- Support and work alongside the Branch Manager in ensuring the store reaches and maintains standards
- Deputise for the Branch Manager in his/her absence, assuming full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the branch
- Drive effective communications within the store by leading by example and ensuring timely and consistent communications
- Assist with and deliver in-store promotional activities. Work closely with Management to ensure merchandise is displayed in a commercial manner designed to maximise its potential
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company regulations and policies, including Health & Safety
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the team. Ensure all team members are trained in and demonstrate the Pat McDonnell Customer Ethos
- Manage operational items, e.g. Rosters, Holidays, Tills and Stock Control
- Ensure compliance with all policies & procedures to ensure the smooth operational running of the branch.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience as an Assistant Manager in a fast-paced retail environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to building good relationships with the customers, team and other key stakeholders
- To offer and deliver best-in-class advice and product knowledge to all customers.
- To drive sales within the branch by promoting the products and services in the shop.
- Strong people skills and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent Communication skills with demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback, both positively and constructively, promptly, especially concerning Performance; Uniforms; Timekeeping and overall adherence to policy & procedural items
- Ability to prioritise and multitask and work autonomously when required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that visibly demonstrate and role models professionalism to customers and colleagues
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commercial awareness
- IT Savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office packages and a working knowledge of computerized retail management and control systems.
- Strong numerical, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekdays and weekends
- 5+ years experience in a retail supervisory/management role with a proven track record, preferably within a Paint/DIY/Hardware or similar environment
- A Retail Management Qualification is desirable
To be considered for an Interview, applicants should email their CV and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the criteria of the role to: email@example.com