Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all the buying and indirect buying, including planning and continuously reviewing inventory levels and order/reorder strategies (frequency, responsibility, etc.). The role will have a significant continuous improvement focus, so as to deliver best in class customer service to our market place.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Contributing to, and delivering the company buying and planning strategy.
- Management of the entire (direct) buying process for a number of product ranges
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with supplier companies and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of Inventory Change Process
- Communication of plans and orders with branch teams and other key stakeholders.
- Working with other internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, branch network) regarding buying or inventory issues.
- Work with commercial team on sales promotions ensuring any planned promotions are accounted for in the buying plans.
- Dealing with external stakeholders regarding delivery of orders, including for example shipping and transport delivery companies.
- Drive supplier continuous improvement through planned, frequent communications and a partnership approach to supply chain process improvement.
- Play a lead role in critical continuous improvement project work, for example the development and post-development day-to-day management of an automated branch reorder system which will be a priority project for the successful candidate;
- Lead other inventory and warehouse related projects.
- Participate in and lead other project work as required (for example warehouse inventory management).
- Extract, manipulate and analyze data developing a thorough sense-making and synthesis of the data and prepare summary management reports as required.
- Internal approval process (finance) for payment of invoices relating to customs import duties, where appropriate.
- Work with Intact IQ regarding system (ERP) issues, particularly in relation to the priority reorder automation project but also in terms of day-to-day activities and other potential improvement ideas.
- Any other Supply Chain related work as required from time to time, by the Supply Chain Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 4+ years of relevant buying and planning experience.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or other equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word. Successful candidate must be a very strong user of MS Excel.
- Experience working with ERP solutions (specific experience with Intact IQ ERP system is preferred but not required).
- Experience of automation of reorder from multiple (remote) locations and/or experience of developing and implementing a project of this nature, scale and complexity, in a similar environment.
- Self-motivated to work independently in a busy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills including prioritising, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Strong business acumen, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content.
- Be able to demonstrate sound judgement and excellent decision making in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- May involve occasional travel.
- Clean drivers licence.
- Retail, wholesale or distributor background preferred but is not a requirement.
- Project Management experience desired.
Please send application, including your C.V. and Cover Letter to: email@example.com