This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer Planner. We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual with a passion for Buying, Indirect Buying and the overall Management & Continuous Improvement of the Buying Process, while working effectively with people across a nationwide network of branch operations and all other stakeholders.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all the buying and indirect buying, including planning and continuously reviewing inventory levels and order/reorder strategies (frequency, responsibility, etc.). The role will have a significant continuous improvement focus, so as to deliver best in class customer service to our market place.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Contributing to, and delivering the company buying and planning strategy.
- Management of the entire (direct) buying process for a number of product ranges
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with supplier companies and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of Inventory Change Process
- Communication of plans and orders with branch teams and other key stakeholders.
- Working with other internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, branch network) regarding buying or inventory issues.
- Work with commercial team on sales promotions ensuring any planned promotions are accounted for in the buying plans.
- Dealing with external stakeholders regarding delivery of orders, including for example shipping and transport delivery companies.
- Drive supplier continuous improvement through planned, frequent communications and a partnership approach to supply chain process improvement.
- Play a lead role in critical continuous improvement project work, for example the development and post-development day-to-day management of an automated branch reorder system which will be a priority project for the successful candidate;
- Lead other inventory and warehouse related projects.
- Participate in and lead other project work as required (for example warehouse inventory management).
- Extract, manipulate and analyze data developing a thorough sense-making and synthesis of the data and prepare summary management reports as required.
- Internal approval process (finance) for payment of invoices relating to customs import duties, where appropriate.
- Work with Intact IQ regarding system (ERP) issues, particularly in relation to the priority reorder automation project but also in terms of day-to-day activities and other potential improvement ideas.
- Any other Supply Chain related work as required from time to time, by the Supply Chain Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 4+ years of relevant buying and planning experience.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or other equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word. Successful candidate must be a very strong user of MS Excel.
- Experience working with ERP solutions (specific experience with Intact IQ ERP system is preferred but not required).
- Experience of automation of reorder from multiple (remote) locations and/or experience of developing and implementing a project of this nature, scale and complexity, in a similar environment.
- Self-motivated to work independently in a busy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills including prioritising, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Strong business acumen, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content.
- Be able to demonstrate sound judgement and excellent decision making in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- May involve occasional travel.
- Clean drivers licence.
- Retail, wholesale or distributor background preferred but is not a requirement.
- Project Management experience desired.
Please send application, including your C.V. and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org