This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Administrator who is seeking a senior role. We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual with a passion for Supply Chain Administration, Database Management and working with people across a nationwide network of branch operations.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all the activities related to Supply Chain and Inventory Management administration, including systems database management and broader continuous improvement programs, so as to deliver best in class customer service to our market place.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
Management Information Systems & Inventory
- Supplier Price & Product file management including the management of all aspects of the system inventory
- Managing system price changes (annual, periodic offers) in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Management of all non-price inventory systems information (e.g. bar-codes, supplier product codes, etc.)
- New Product Introduction & related change management (including the management of product end-of-life scenarios)
- Communicating relevant inventory information with various stakeholders e.g. finance, retail branch network, senior management.
- Making appropriate stock adjustments as part of the issues resolution process.
- Eliminate and prevent duplication within the stock system.
- Support stakeholders regarding inventory issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor cycle counting and implement related procedures as required to identify and eliminate problem areas.
- Establish variance tolerances on cycle counts and consequences for breach of tolerances.
- Identify, investigate & resolve problem areas within the stock and supply chain system to create maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Implementation of a Branch Operations Compliance Auditing Program.
- Additional project work in the area of continuous improvement (e.g. cost reduction, logistics improvement)
- Drive a culture of inventory management awareness and compliance within all operational units.
- Develop a set of documented processes and procedures for inventory management and branch operations tasks.
- Carry out stock takes across the branch network (travel required), including but not limited to the coordinating of the actual count in-branch, through to preparing the final stock take report.
- Act as an escalation point of contact to troubleshoot and follow up all queries regarding stock anomalies.
- Establish and set up management reports as required.
- Additional Supply Chain administration duties as required.
Education & Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable track record of superior administration accuracy and correctness, in addition to strong communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- 3rd Level Supply chain or business management qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Advanced Excel skills and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required – must work well in teams and with people.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data with an analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software (ERP systems), and forecasting techniques.
- Ability to meet extremely high standards, complete tasks on time and operate successfully in a fast moving environment.Outstanding organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Full drivers’ license and willingness to travel, including occasional stay away from home scenarios (particularly when it comes to the end of year financial stock take).
- Experience operating within an accredited quality management system will be advantageous.
- Experience of root cause investigations in a supply chain continuous improvement environment (or equivalent, e.g. quality, financial auditing) will be advantageous.