Painting Kitchen Table & Chairs
“I wish to seek your advice on painting my old pine table and chairs. What preparation do I need to do and which paint products are best to use?” – Jack
Painting Materials Required:
- 1 pack (brand name) big wipes
- ½ litre Sugar Soap
- Owatrol E.S.P coverage 18 m²/L
- Dulux undercoat (solvent based) coverage 16 m²/L
- Dulux Satinwood (solvent based) coverage 17 m²/L
Painting Equipment Required:
- 2 Harper and Green 12 by 12 drop covering sheets
- 1 Medium Sanding Sponge
- 1 Harper and Green 2” Classic Brush
- 1 Harper and Green ½ “ Classic Brush
Preparation & Application:
- Wash table and chairs with a sugar soap solution & dry off.
- Lightly sand surfaces.
- Apply a coat of E.S.P with a cloth, leave dry at least two hours.
- Apply one coat Undercoat, leave to dry overnight.
- Apply one coat of Satinwood.
- Do not use table and chairs for a week, so that the paint can thoroughly harden.
Top Tip: It’s best to lay coasters when using the table surface top.
Did you find our guide helpful? Maybe you need advice on your painting project. Sound off in the comments below and we’ll answer your DIY questions!